Why do we weave baskets? Here's 5 reasons why I keep creating baskets after 20 years of over and under.
- It's meditative. Oh sure, there's the business end of things but basket making itself is just purely meditative.
- It's creative. I love the inspiration process of coming up with a new basket design.
- It's fun. Give me a group of women, a potluck, and a basket project and we're in for a fun day of weaving one up.
- It's like woven love. I love to give and get hand crafted gifts. There's always a story behind them and they are my most treasured items.
- It's a one of a kind. Every basket maker knows a store bought basket is just not the same thing.
Leave a comment