Welcome To J. Choate Basketry!
Jill Choate is a nationally renowned fiber artist and instructor known for her ability to “talk to the antler” and weave a vessel around it. Her pioneering efforts incorporating antler into basketry have brought her to the forefront in this venue of contemporary vessel construction.
Her efforts in basketry are as well known as are her stories about life in the Alaskan bush.
Now based in the Northern Panhandle of Idaho, Jill continues the life of wild bush woman but tamed down a bit for the Lower-48.
- NEW DESIGNER HARNESS for ADIRONDACK MED BACKPACKS. Put some "groove" in your backpack. Designer backpack harness now available. For more info click here.
- GROUP-EZE a great way to SAVE on bulk orders. Check out the GROUP-EZE link to save BIG on your guild's next class.
- Headed to Seattle in March! The Vi Phillips Northwest Basket Makers Guild has confirmed classes for the Indian Blanket, Double Dog Leg, and Can U handle it classes. See you there.
- Can you handle it? Oval 1.5" twill can you handle it hoop kits now available. Get yours on JCBasketry ONLINE MARKET
- BEAT FEET TO RETREAT! There are still a few spots left! SEIZE THE DAY and sign up. ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE
- Come see what we're up too on the Western Pleasure Weaving Retreat fan page on FACE BOOK.
- All the new designs as they become available J.Choate Basketry on FACEBOOK.